Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life on the run!

Television is on, the radio is on, the blender is going, dishwasher is washing, the phone is ringing, the door bell is being pressed, a dog is barking, there is a loud discussion happening, the lawn mower is going, the windows are open and there is a fire truck driving by all of this on HIGH SPEED! Sounds like mass chaos right? It is and is also how the brain of some one with "bouncy ball syndrome" works, also known as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHyper activityD). To me, thats just every day life. I may be talking to you about the weather but being a "bouncy ball"; I am also thinking about dinner, which chore I should do when I get to it, the projects I have left to do, along with a continuous loop of songs running through my head. "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 also a great song! It has actions, a catchy tune and moves along fast enough to keep my focus! Well done!
I am as my son state's "30 old" and have bounced along thus far learning a few things along the way about how to be a effective bouncy ball for the Lord. I have also learned how to seek out the other bouncy balls along the way... especially the small ones who just need that extra mile. You know that kiddo that never sit's still, is always touching some one or something they shouldn't and just seems to be a general disturbance in the room. Yup, that one, the one that is there just to test your sanity and patients to the max, yes, that child, is also my child. Together we are learning so much more about being a bouncy ball!!Most days I don't feel qualified to do the dishes let alone trying to guide a bouncy ball along the way. 1Corinthians 15:10 "By the grace of God I am what I am! His grace to me is not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them. Yet not I but the grace of God that is within me". Here are just a few of the things that we have learned along the way.... Wal-Mart is not a store to go to, errands are better done with out small bouncy balls! If they must be done with the small bouncy ball bring alot of snacks! Some days need to be movie days, some days need to be spent outside, other days need a mixture. Routines are good! (not as in '9am we do this...' but as in 'when I wake up in the morning I get milk'.) Balance 'on the go days' with 'pajama days'. Keep fruit snacks close at hand along with anti bacterial wipes (if you see ones that can be used in mouths let me know!!). Relish the small things (bugs, shiny rocks, dandelions, sink bubbles...) Please whatever you do don't sweat the small stuff!! OH LOOK BUNNIES!!!

No comments: