Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MORE cube steak!!

Just what you always wanted! More cube steak:):) Or not really so another way to use it up is to put it in the spaghetti sauce:) I know its not really "spaghetti season" but if you have it use it right? or just freeze the (cooked) steak till your ready to have spaghetti:) I make my own sauce(cheaper and has no HFCS in it:) but there is no shame in buying the bottles and using that too:)

One of the dangers of me, I never cook the same way twice unless I write it down...doh! But this last time I made sauce (little too spicy for kiddos, but B ate it enjoyed it) I did write it down... approximately...
Ingredients: 3T Mrs. Dash Table blend(in that blend is onion powder, black pepper, chili pepper, parsley, celery seed, basil, bay leaf, marjoram, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper(the spice so you can eliminate this if you wish not to have spice), coriander, cumin, mustard rosemary, garlic, orange peel/zest, lemon oil/zest), 16oz can of stewed tomatoes, 12oz can of garlic and olive oil tomatoes, about 1/4 cup brown sugar(to take away the acid of tomatoes:), 2T sea salt
Directions: 1.) Puree all ingredients 2.) dice meat 3.) put everything into a pot to simmer, add about 3T olive oil 4.) bring to boil, then simmer for about 30min (or less) depending on the taste your going for you may want more garlic:) 5.) Put on noodles and enjoy!!

No comments: