Friday, April 22, 2011

what have I agreed to do?!?

The title almost says it all "What have I agreed to do?!?" I had this BRILLIANT idea of giving a speech/talk with my "co-bouncy ball" host, all about budgets and how to have "fun" with in them! It sounded great, still sounds like an amazing talk, but lately I have been doubting my "qualifications" in this area. I am only 30 old, have only been married 10.5years, only have one child and only have my Associates degree in early childhood. What on earth made me think that I could somehow have any sort of wisdom or insight into how to live on a budget?? 1Corinthians 15:10!! Oh yeah, it is not me or my qualifications that matter at all! It is what I am willing to allow God to do through me that counts. DOH! I just felt led to share these thoughts with you, because I am really good at "putting on a happy face" and keeping cool as a cucumber when inside I am wasting away(2Corn. 4:16-18)! Freaking out! Loosing all "control" on the inside of me while, the outside says "I have this!". Lovely contradiction isnt it? Well Mark 10:27 "Jesus looked at them and said, " with man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God" or Job 42:2 "I know that you can do ALL things, no plan of yours is thwarted." Or as Steven Furtick suggests ‎"The greatest humility you could ever demonstrate is to put yourself in a position where if God doesn't come through, you're going to look stupid." So I am going to do just that, this speech/project to share the wealth of knowledge God has given to me with others so that they might benefit from it will leave me look'in pretty silly if God doesn't show up. Without God working through this bouncy ball and co-bouncy ball its just that... words and pretty pictures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EXACTLY!!

BTW: The roast is thawing :-)

Gretchen Fleener said...

Have no fear, co-bouncy ball! We'll do it together! This is the best kind of "speech" to do...the kind where you're just talking to friends about something you are passionate about and knowledgeable about! You'll do awesome! I'm already super excited just seeing your notes! We're gonna rock the fellowship hall! :-)