Thursday, December 1, 2011

Question for you to ponder...

Will instant access, internet, facebook, twitter etc... create a generation without character and/or courage?

Character and courage require a meekness that is not being fostered when all you have to do is "hit send" and any one of your 500+ closest friends can commiserate with you. I my self have done it, having a bad day... post it on FB and my friends make me feel better. At a rough point in life... post it on twitter and even people who aren't your friends can commiserate with you.
Chuck Swindoll says " The real test of courage are much quieter. They are inner test, like remaining faithful when nobody is looking, like enduring pain when the room is empty, like standing alone when your misunderstood."
Psalms 118
6The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.

What can man do to me?

7The LORD is with me; he is my helper.

I will look in triumph on my enemies.

8It is better to take refuge in the LORD

than to trust in man.

9It is better to take refuge in the LORD

than to trust in princes.


The Lord is where our sorrows should go! Get in the habit of sending 'knee mail' before email and reading HIS book before you Facebook. We( as "grown ups") have a responsibility to lead this next generation (parent's or not). It should scare you, it does me, how easy it is for the next generation to breeze through life with out learning valuable lessons such as character and courage. Disciplining my son for hitting a friend, (who has just hit him), isn't something I want to do, I'd rather tell him "nice shot" but instead I pray that I am teaching him the importance of turning the other cheek. Giving him the ability to build upon his experience as a child and the bigger lesson's in life will be just a little easier to understand and he can grow in his character, build upon his courage and make straight his paths.


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."


Proverbs isn't just speaking to parents, it is also speaking to all adult's who have 'direct access' to children. The old adage "It takes a village to raise a child" is true. Each person who comes into a child's life leaves something behind, let that be a quality lesson learned. I pray character, courage and a heart for the Lord over "my small child" and all those precious gifts I am directly connected with and so should you.

No comments: