Thursday, December 29, 2011

Facing my biggest challenge... ME!


Ever met your match? Locked horns with the biggest bull on the block? Smacked into the hardest wall ever?Only to find out that the real obstacle is Y. O. U.?!? I know I have many times, in fact I'm what you might call stubborn, pig headed, dense, obstinate etc... when it comes to learning life's lesson's. For example: when your Father say's don't touch the tool box he means the handle as well. OR when your parents say "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you", their right, it does. OR when you leave that huge project for the last minuet and then are shocked by the grade it received. OR when you start training your body to be healthy and it turns out not to be so easy?!? AHHHCK!!
Follow the link to my newest challenge I have set before my self along with making daily devotions as essential to my day as breathing. A seed was planted in my head by a old family friend via Facebook, it was then watered by friends and family members as I began to think out loud "I'm going to do a couch to 5K". The final push were two of my friends saying "I'll do this with you! Come on! Together we can do this" The treadmill was dusted off and the couch to 5K training began. The hiccups have been many, the excuses have been long and, the will power has been weak. Yet, (Proverbs 27:17) "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." My friends and family have been right along side me encouraging me, letting me know I have encouraged them, sharing their "failures", expressing their frustrations, yet pushing me forward when all I want to do is give up and go to bed!! Funny thing is I feel so much better after I've worked out, drank my water, and read my devotions. So why all this "belly aching"? Why am I beating my head against a brick wall? I have no idea, its just the way God created me and I am trying my best to embrace my inner bouncy ball and all that comes with it! Including the stubborn, pig headed, dense, obstinate etc... side of me!
Soo... I wrote this just to let you know; I've been there too (if you haven't guessed the examples are from my life.) I know what happens when you close your self off, ignore the gentle prodding of the Holy Spirit who is whispering in your ear "Get your degree in early childhood! Your not a business management major!" Pull a "Jonah" and flunk out of college...awkward! I praise the Lord daily for his promise in Romans 8:28 "We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God—those whom he has called according to his plan." and my life verse 1 Corinthians 15:10 "by the grace of God I am what I am, His grace to me is not with out affect..." And my newest verse to chant as I'm "DYING" on the treadmill Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." and those HE has surrounded me with!
I leave you with the quote that inspired this blog... "Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T'. But you don't listen, you just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can', and you discover the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."- Dave Scott, U.S. Triathlete-

No comments: