Friday, January 25, 2013

Epiphany

Jesus has been working over time in my life. It's not unsolicited, I asked Him to enter in and renew me, refresh me, refine me.I must admit it has been a journey to remember and, we are not even close to being "over". I just wanted to stop by and share with you a few of the revelations I have been gifted to me.
   'You Lead' By Jamie Grace is a beautiful description of this exploration I am going on, and on, and on with Jesus. Because I want to be a 'God girl' and this is who I am and where I need to be. I'm 'With You' Jesus and nothing else matters. 
   2 Corinthians 12: 7-10 (The Message)
            Because of the extravagance of those revelations and, so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angels did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty. At first I didn't think of it as a gift and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me. My grace is enough, it all you need. My strength comes into it's own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ strength moving on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size- abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks! I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get the stronger I become.    
John 16:33 
            I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.


You are...

Fully Forgiven (Romans 8:1)
Freely Forgiven (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Forever Forgiven (1Peter 3:18, Hebrews 9:28) {Matt Chandler}



I will close with this quote from 'Made to Crave' by Lysa Terkeurst
"...the ultimate goal of this journey isn't about making me a smaller sized person but rather making me crave Jesus and His truth as the ultimate filler of my heart... I'm not on a diet, I'm on a journey with Jesus."






No comments: