Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pumpkins! Oh boy!
















Oh Halloween how you CREEP ME OUT!! There is nothing worse (okay, maybe a few things but not much) to me than 'spooky' halloween mask. These mask's touch a nerve in me that leaves me 'shaking in my boots' causing me to lock my door on 'trick or treat night', turn on happy cartoons, and jump every time someone ignores the lights out and knock's on my door...blech!
Moving on... Every year since I can remember we(the Baranowski's) have carved pumpkin's to celebrate the fall harvest and have a load of fun!! Most nights there were treats, popcorn and singing/telling of pumpkin related stories (all G rated due to MY low tolerance for 'spooky' stories). Many memories were made! The honor of carving a pumpkin was coveted, the proper scoping out of the pumpkin was a 'big' job, just watching how many faces Dad could carve into his pumpkin was better than cartoons! Each member of the family participated in their own way and we spent time together in a creatively positive way (sans Chinese checkers **nervous tick**!!).
This year brought back my child hood memories due to B's exuberance towards 'fun' activities dubbed; "the best ever that he's NEVER done before" (pumpkin gutting was not given this title, he was grossed out).
We are now creating memories, we are now creating traditions, we are now personalizing his view of family interaction. How exciting this time is for him as well as me since I get to see these activities a fresh and a new through his eyes. I am on pin's and needles whilst I plan the next fun activity with, **dun dun dun ** no media!! **scream of terror**. Stayed tuned for the next "Best ever that he has never done before" activity to enhance your normal daily lives.

No comments: