Wednesday, July 13, 2011

a thought to think...

The other day (which in my world could literally mean the OTHER day or it could mean weeks, months, years ago;) a friend of mine posted an article about how blogging was selfish. I was like "WHOA!!" and then like "Whoa" so I discontinued blogging for about 19 days to think and pray about what it was I am actually trying to do with this blog (BESIDES promoting my...*cough cough* own AWESOME ideas;) http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Famous-Blog Read point number 4, it will make you stop and think for a minute.. why am I blogging? what is my motivation? to be immortalized forever in this world or am I using it to glorify the Lord? So....why am I blogging? I know now:) It really is just a way for me to share the ideas that are inside my head, maybe they are helpful, maybe they are not, but it does leave me with a feeling of bountiful peace when the idea is out there. I wont lie, it makes me feel uber special when one of my friends/stalkers/admirers comments on my postings....oops! my human nature is showing again?!? This verse 2 Corinthians 3:5-6(MSG) "We wouldn't think of writing this kind of letter about ourselves. Only God can write such a letter. His letter authorizes us to carry out this new plan of action. The plan wasn't written out with in on paper, with pages and pages of legal footnotes, killing your spirit. it's written with Spirit on spirit, his live on our lives" No fair taking this out of context! I am not trying to say I am writing the Bible here... just a place I can write my thoughts down and share them with my friends and if they are helpful they can share them with their friends and so on... it's a better way of playing telephone because you can read what the original person wrote and not have to guess from the whispering's of others(nifty, another cool topic to explore!!!):) So with that said, I am going to try my best to keep this blog strictly to glorify my creator who created me to be; a bouncy ball, with all the flaws and imperfections that make for a uniquely effervescent ball bouncing along life's way!!

3 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Wow, jess, good post. I thought the same thing about the blog when I saw the same FB status I believe you are referring to. My blog is about ME and my family and it helps those that are close to me feel connected and I wouldn't stop it for anything. I can't wait until my girls can look back and see the memories on it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ms. Judith:)

Gretchen Fleener said...

I agree, good post! I have several blogs too for specific purposes. One enables my out-of-state family to feel like they are a part of their grandkids/nephews'/cousins' lives which is awesome and helps us feel less miles apart! (Plus, like you said Judith, what fun it'll be for them to look back! No different than a scrapbook!!) And IDMommy, I find is just as much to share ideas and support with other moms as it is to just help me personally keep track of all the ideas in my head, links I want to remember to check out, and products that look cool for future gifts! Again, sortof a digital notebook of things to go back and do when I have more time! Blogs can take on many purposes and I figure if you don't get enjoyment from it, don't read it! ;-) BTW, I learn so much from you, and your blog! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the WORLD!