Friday, August 26, 2011

Dream a little dream of...

Okay, I know that song has absolutely nothing to do with the thoughts I'm about to share with you but!!! It's the peppiest little tune and it has the phrase in it I used as my title so I figured I'd better throw my props out there:)

I'm sure you've noticed, by now, how "dreams" (future aspirations) have changed since you were about 5 years old/ understanding the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" What was your five year dreams? Did they differ from year to year? Who inspired those dreams? What inspired those dreams? How much different are your dreams now from then? For me... not so much... I mean sure, I had the occasional "I wanna be a ballerina" (I have two left feet, really, I do!), "I wanna be a princess/royal dignitary" (I'm thinking my story wouldn't have turned out as Cinderella with the "sassy sass" I dish out!), or the "I want to be a successful "business" woman" (now if I just liked sitting at a desk for extended periods of time....doh!) But through all those dreams I found one to ring true, when I grow up I want to be a mom! And guess what, I am!! Isn't that awesome? I am amazed every day I hear "Mommy!" and realize its me the small child is referring to I smile! (unless it's "mommy! mommy! mommy! mommy!" then it's more of a grimace but...who's counting?)
Now that the "Mom" dream is realized, I realize I have other dreams to chase! Here are a few of them...
  1. Leaving a legacy behind me that my family/loved ones can celebrate
  2. Knowing my child(ren) are believers of Jesus Christ
  3. Finishing my Bachelors degree (and possibly a Masters)
  4. Realizing my desire to create a welcoming daycare/preschool/re-source center for special abilities children and their families:)
  5. Being a Proverbs 31 woman (at least close to one:)
  6. Finishing my basement!!(and 2nd bathroom!)
  7. Creating healthy habits (working out, eating right, daily devotions....)
  8. Blogging regularly
  9. Being a good friend
  10. To have more babies!!(naturally or adopted:)
  11. Self control to resist chocolate!
So what are your dreams? Or future aspirations ? Have you spoken them aloud? Do you pray about them? do you dare to dream a little dream?
Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: