Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ugh! pull ups?!?!

I felt like such a failure when my son, who was once potty trained through the night started to wet the bed... I figured it's just a phase, he'll "grow out of it", he didn't. Then my hubs and I tried waking him up twice a night (BAD IDEA!!! NEVER!! EVER!! Wake a sleeping child!) not only does it mess with the child's sleep, it messes with your sleep... phew! The next step was to buy plastic pants and let him feel the wetness...ha! That didn't work... he slept through and the bed still ended up wet. Finally(two months from first wet bed) in a fit of 'I cannot wash another load of pee sheets or loose more sleep over this issue' rage I bought my first package of pull ups. It hurt my green heart! But we are a much better family for it:) I figure I saved the world from all his diapers in the early stages, a few pull ups wont hurt, right? Except the budget, those pull-up brand pull-ups are expensive!! So I did coupons, watched for sales and tried my best to keep the cost down but!! When I saw 15 off brand pull ups for $5.99 and 10 pull up brand pull ups for $11.99 the math won! Feeling guilty I went down the book/sticker isle hoping to lessen the blow with a $1 treat I found super hero stickers and that's when it clicked!! He could decorate his own "special night time under-roo's" any way he wanted!! What is cooler than that? So we now have super hero, smile face, puppy dog, bug "special night time under roo's". He is not limited to my budget:) PHEW!! Hope this tip helps ease your mind and your budget! 








He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
He gathers the lambs in his arms,
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:11

No comments: